Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Toshiba Netbook : Wifee and Kiddee version

Finally, I got this handsome looking netbook model SB520 for my wife to spend her productive time on Forex. Sufficient enough for her to perform the analytical stuffs she always does , which I don't really understand much actually. Well, this netbook model was a big seller during last PC Fair in Penang, sold off just within a day. 2 weeks after that, still no stocks. I even checked in Ipoh, still no stock until end of November 2011.

This machine is quite handy and can last around 5 hours ++, (based on the review forum but in certain forum, it was reported that the 6 cells battery can last up to 10 hours.  My Ipad is still handier by the way, but somehow the software for my wife favorite Forex site doesn't seem to work with iOS. Tried both on Ipad and Mac Book. Though I can do partition for my Mac Book to enable windows, I guess it would be much more convenience for her to have her own mobile gadget. And most importantly, I can have mine peacefully without having to share.

SB520 is pretty cool especially for doing typing work (compare to my tablet of course).  But nowadays, tablets come with dock in station, but cost slidely more expensive than this netbook.  There are choices of tablets from androids, windows , meeGo etc. So, if you are willing to spend more, probably a tablet would be much more practical, especially those who always on the go.

On the other hand, the best part of this Toshiba SB520 machine is the harman/kardon speaker. Louder and better than my Mac Book Pro. My kids enjoy listening to youtube with pretty loud sounds. So it solves some of the internal problem in my house of sharing computers. The kids can alternately use ipad and netbook, the mother will use the desktop while at home, and I will have my mac book. ( I saw the Alienware, quite impressive for gaming and graphic work, but looks a bit bulky, definitely a non Stevie Jobbie)

Still early to say good stuffs about this new machine. Well it runs with Intel Atom dual core , clocked at 1.5Ghz, with 1Gb DDR3 Ram memory and 250Gb SATA.  Still hot from oven, but for gadget less than RM1,000, I don't really put a high hope. My daughter already booked one for her for birthday, but dad always put a rule, of course , to position herself well in school, not just academic , but some extra co-curriculum. After reading & assimilating to Rich Dad Poor Dad dogma, I somehow reserve my expectation on just scoring A's. I like one of my friend's sharing in Facebook; it goes something like this ; A students became doctors, high skill engineers , but then they report to B student who became managers, officers  or CEO, but then these C students became involved in politics and control both A students and B students. And then finally the D, E or F students, whom turned out to be mobs or gangsters, control the C students, or the politician. So they controlled everyone....great food chains...have to think about it..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vision Accomplished

Vision Accomplished