Friday, November 25, 2011

Bear Grylls series have arrived...


I have been youtubing about these gadgets couple of months ago, and always had them in my wish list of "stuffs that my wife will not understand why I should buy them".

I just passionate about these survival stuffs. To me, they bring piece of mind , connecting the dots of the great old days , during my youth , as a scout , as a campers , as a group of friends whom enjoy nature and exploration. Once a scout , always a scout.

Last week, a friend of mine helped me to order these stuffs through on line store, better price and secured delivery. I went to pick them up near his house. In fact, i just drove 800km just to have a peek on the survival store for 30 mins, just to look for a family house tent. Bit dissapointed as they are not available on any of the shops. The one I discovered fit 16 people, way to big ! But I had to consider somehow.

In real life, of course, these stuffs are normally ended as my collectibles , and seldom serves as their true function. But having them in my closet are just like having a pool of energy and scouting spirits within me, which I wish one day can be made converted into some great experience, with my kids especially. And hopefully with some of my friends who shared the same enjoyment and hobby. I am glad that finally my wife found her passion in Foreign Exchange Trading activities, which makes her occupied. So less nagging on me. As long as she has internet, I am free to do my stuffs.

I let my kids hold the "Parang" , and my wife was really  paranoid having to see that. Yes, these stuffs are not toys, but one day they too can join the scouts, and learn the safety and the correct procedures of handling survival gadgets. My father never thought me all these stuffs. But my brother did.

So, Bear Grylls , thanks for the adventourous moments, though I paid for that, but it worth every penny as it brings meaningful moment and hopes in my life as a grown up boy. Once a Scout, Always a Scout.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vision Accomplished

Vision Accomplished