Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I finally chose MacBook Pro, i5


After spending two days at the Penang PC Fair , I finally confused myself of what type of Laptop I should get for myself. My wife had always wanted anything that can log into her Forex application. On the other hand,  I wanted something for my photography and video editing. I knew that for my wife, netbook would be sufficient for her specific request, but surprisingly , the Toshiba netbook were like hot cakes at PC Fair, sold off even in the first day of the PC Fair. Have to wait for 2 weeks before next order.

Frustrated as I was in the first round of the PC Fair, a couple of months ago while I was searching for tablet, again, I have decided to wait look somewhere else. Toshiba Satellite is kind of acceptable mode;l and specs, but the PC fair deal was not much different of what I could get from the PC outlets elsewhere. I tried to close deal for 2 units , Toshiba Satellite L745 i5, 240 Ghz, 4Gb Ram with additional 2Gb free + one Lenovo Netbook with Atom Processor, for RM3,000. But the salesperson wanted additional RM150 for that, without any extra free gifts, which I thought would be a normal price elsewhere.

Having tested and peeked couple of times the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, i decided to go for another round at one of the Switch store in Sunway Carnival, Seberang Jaya. It was 9pm. Just me and my 7 years old son. The salesperson in charge was quite informative and sincere in answering my queries. I have been into the shops couple of time but somehow this time,  this person could sense that I was a serious buyer. In fact, Steve Jobs demised was still fresh in memory, buying an Apple products was like buying a Nirvana T-Shirt as Kurt Cobain committed suicide in 1994.  I have never used a Mac before, the only experience with Apple was the iPad, which I truly felt value for my money, as Steve Jobs used to say, it connected the dots among my family and friends.

Without much hesitation, I decided that an additional bucks for this device would be worth it, compare to those laptops that I have in mind much earlier. I hope I made the right decision. Anyway, it still uses Intel Sandy Bridge processor. The outlet /store have also made arrangement for Mac 101 class for the beginner, which I am eagerly looking forward to attend. There are so many to be asked, to be unleashed. Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vision Accomplished

Vision Accomplished