Saturday, February 14, 2015

Journey towards the "Mankind"


Late start again for 2015. But better late than never. I have thousands of reasons for the delay and decay (of ideas and motivation), but let's put those aside.

I attended a motivation session two weeks ago, which was actually meant for my daughter 2015 UPSR. This is the second year of Intan at that school, a newly open school in the middle of our reidential area. Honestly, I didnt plan to stay throughout the sessions as it stated in the leaflet as a 4 hours session. I forced my wife to come together though she pretty reluctant as to complete the household chores.

Well, anyhow, the event went pretty smooth with a energetic touch by one of the guest motivator from UUM, Ustaz Naim. The school has arranged a series of programs througout the year , to get prepared for their first UPSR. Based on the paperwork, it was pretty impressive with both spiritual, mental and academic contents. I simply salute the Headmaster, Encik Ghazali.

Well, during the motivation sessions, parents were strategically positioned at the back row. The girls and boys were separated right and left clusters. The motivation was about being human progressively. To me, I call it journey towards Mankind. That's what I told my kids. You go to school to progressively learn about life, all the subjects somehow will be interconnected in the future. To compare during my time, the syllabus are much more advance. For example, I only heard about IT and computer stuffs when I was in form 1, but these kids already had those syllabus in the primary school. And they also have those creative stuffs like Remote Control Car constructions, farming project , taking care of fish and stuffs like that.



Again , the word "Mankind"I learnt from the CD above (from the group Helloween, album Pink Bubbles Go Ape). To be exact, during my time, those were in Cassettes. That's how I pick up my English. And it works the same to my team mates those days.

Here's the excerpt from the song, (Heavy Metal song by Michael Kiske)  I could still remember the lyrics until today :

Mankind (Helloween)

Here is a Mankind so proud of achievement , there is no stone that is warmer than you
Look how we stand in the stream of illusions, no one says a word
Here you live, and there you cry , all that makes you move
There's no tear for anything , anything but you

Animals dying for our vanity , our world is a beutiful place to be free
Drinking the blood of the weak it's so easy No one hears them cry
Here you cheat , there you lie , all that makes you gain
One day we will face his throne , there's nothing we can say

Prosperity, luxury , fast food is rising, it's the rainforest that dies
Here you cheat , there you lie , all that makes you gain
One day we will face his throne , there's nothing we can say


Note : Sounds familiar ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vision Accomplished

Vision Accomplished