Monday, July 16, 2012

Late start for 2012



2012 seems to be moving too fast and too furious for me. I don't know exactly why , but I guess there were lots of routines and issues needed to be resolved, more than the previous years of course. I wish to catch up with the time. It's already July now, and next week is the fasting month of Ramadhan.

Approximately two years ago, my father was admitted to the hospital due to mild heart attack, and then the medical team conccluded that he is having a chronic kidney disease. He recovered two months after the admission and early this year, he had another angina attack , and again recovered. Syukur Alhamdullilah for the speedy recovery. Also thanks to those people who had involved, friends and families. Most and foremost, my mother who had been there every single seconds. By default or not, she delivered the result. She definitely deserved the biggest appreciation from all of us.

This year, I didnt celebrate father's day and mother's day as the previous years. I didn't even wish to my parents. I somehow came to know that these celebrations are actually againts the Islamic practice. Anyhow, this is not brought to be official as national TV and media still promote the Father's Day and Mother's Day. A day after this year mother's day, I went to see my mother, I showed her the fact that I happened to see in youtube. Also some facts and fatwa about this in other websites. I did ask around too and many agreed to the call. My mother kind of cool and accepted the fact. In the nutshell, based on the explanation by the ustaz, Islam promotes everyday as Father's Day or Mother's Day, not just a day in a year.

So for those who still have parents around, this is the time you should celebrate parent's day. It's everyday, every single minutes of your life. Those whom parents already passed away, your prayers are the source of celebration , the replacement of your never ending loves towards them. I understand that every single individual has their own definition of loving their parents, and I am surely not a person to tell others what need to be done. Its your life, your choice. But I like the phrase I read in my friends Facebook, "what comes around, goes around". Like my first message in this blog, time flies very fast, too fast and too furious, you would never expect that your old days arrive very soon, and too sad to find , by then, that your childrens don't celebrate parents day , and probably history repeats her story. So, its really, really your choice.        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vision Accomplished

Vision Accomplished