Thursday, September 22, 2011

BMX in me.

Bicycle Motor Cross, that was what it was known, and is still famous today. Still nowadays, after three decades, youngsters still ride it as their symbol of teenagehood. For me, three decades ago, it was the symbol of respect amongst the boys. It all started with ET movie, then the Magic BMX. Owning one means getting the licence into the society of the never ending adventure (though for me, mom,s rule, it ends daily before Maghrib prayer). I was among the fortunate kid to own one, though it was not the high end version. It,s still a BMX.

My kids have yet to ask for all these stuffs. Partially thanks to Ipad and PC. They had their fun facebooking, gaming and ipading. Though i think may not be good for their physical growth. Things that worry me is that this stuff can get you far away from home. And today,s society are much too complex and unexpected. So, i hope my kids can take a good care of themselves. None of us became stunt man or professional motor cross champion.

While i was in Malacca town, i saw some early 20's with MP3 headsets on and a hybrid of a BMX and Mountain Bike, did some wheely and bike tricks. I do not know what they call that hybrid bicycle, but that remind me those days when we were like them except without the MP3 headsets. We used to perform those fancy stunts at the old dirt track which now had turned into housing estate. Raining season was the best as it produced more natural challenging tracks and muds bunkers. Neitherof us wore any safety protective equipment, i guess we were lucky as no one got seriously injured during the stunt.

Those bikes saw what we did, heard what we have said, puzzled with what we cursed and probably scared to death with our decision making. And those bikes saw each of us abandoned them, as time passed by, towards the next chapter of this life.
And one thing i remember, my father bought me the bike.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Vision Accomplished

Vision Accomplished